Privacy for Website
N-Compass is committed to protecting the privacy of our users’ personal information. This Privacy Statement provides information explaining how N-CompassNode.com and related sites collects, uses, and shares information collected from our website, as well as the choices you have regarding our use of this information. We encourage you to read this entire Privacy Statement before using or submitting information to this website.
Links to Other Websites
We understand that Privacy Statements can often contain confusing terminology. To help you better understand our privacy practices, here is what we mean when we say:
• Cookies: Cookies are small text files created by a web server that are delivered through a web browser and stored on your computer or device. Cookies are used to identify your computer or device and record your preferences and other data so that the website can personalize your visit(s). There are several types of cookies. For example, many websites use their own cookies, called “first-party cookies,” to make their websites run more smoothly by doing things like keeping track of items in your shopping cart. Some websites also provide space for “third-party cookies,” which are placed on your browser by companies different from the company that runs the website you are visiting and may be used to remember parts of your online activities in order to deliver personalized ads or analyze web traffic.
• Personally Identifiable Information: Information that directly identifies or reasonably can be used to figure out the identity of a user, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address. Personal information does not include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
• Web beacons: A small, transparent graphic image (also known as a tracking pixel) located on a web page or HTML email that is often used with a cookie. Web beacons are generally invisible because they are very small and the same color as the background of the Web page or email message.
Information You Provide
N-Compass collects personally identifiable information that you provide to us when you communicate with us or when you chose to join or access N-Compass. When you choose to join or access N-Compass, you may be asked to provide the following types of personally identifiable information on our website(s):
• email addresses, zip or postal code, first name,l ast name, and other information on forms or based on your location or IP address.
We may use the personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the following ways:
• to respond to your requests;
• to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, for analytical and research purposes;
• to contact you on behalf of one of our Clients for Advertising purposes;
• to develop and improve our programs, services, and content;
• to enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of the Website;
• to protect our rights or property;
• to protect an individual’s health, safety, or welfare; and
• to comply with a law or regulation, court order, or other legal process.
Information We Collect Automatically
N-Compass automatically collects information about your device and your visit to a Hotspot or website(s) from your computer’s web browser. For example, we may automatically collect information such as the type of browser you are using, the last website you visited before accessing N-Compass, the different areas of our website that you visit, and the date and time you accessed our website and your approximate location based on your IP address.
N-Compass uses technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect this type of information. In addition, we collect information that is available via third-party social media companies based on information that you have entered.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking Technologies
N-Compass may use, or may engage third-parties on our behalf to use, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you interact with our website(s) or email. Cookies and web beacons provide us with information that allows us to:
• develop personalized programs, services, or content;
• customize the information or services that are of interest to you on our website;
tailor our communications to you;
• determine whether an email has been opened and links within the email have been clicked; and
• create features such as “Frequently Asked Questions.”
Advertising & Analytics Services
N-Compass may disclose your personally identifiable information in the following contexts:
N-Compass will only disclose your personal information to third parties with your consent. We may obtain your consent in writing or online through “click-through” agreements. You grant consent if you supply any personal information upon Connection.
N-Compass may share your personally identifiable information with other companies that perform services on our behalf (for example, companies that manage, maintain, and perform analytics on our mailing distribution lists). These service providers are permitted to use the information only for the purpose provided to them and in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement. We require our service providers to comply with industry standards around security, retention, and use of any personal information that we provide to them or that they collect on our behalf.
N-Compass may share your personally identifiable information with its Clients.
N-Compass may access, monitor, use, or disclose your personally identifiable information or communications with us to comply with the law (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena, or court order); to respond to emergencies; to enforce an agreement with you; to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of our agents, vendors, service providers, members, and customers; or in the case of a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition.
Some of the information that N-Compass collects is non-personally identifiable that cannot be directly used to identify or reasonably used to identify an individual. Similarly, N-Compass may take steps to anonymize or aggregate personal information in order to create non-personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement does not restrict the disclosure to third parties of non-personally identifiable information.
The security of your information is important to N-Compass. Therefore, N-Compass follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the security and confidentiality of your information while it is under our control. We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access of your information. To the extent that N-Compass shares information with other companies performing services on our behalf, we may make sure that those companies have adequate security safeguards in place consistent with this policy.
If you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail communication from N-Compass, you may e-mail us at email@example.com. Additionally, most of our email distributions contain an “unsubscribe” link. If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the practices of N-Compass, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.